Monday, May 4, 2009

The Founding....

*Taps microphone*
Testing, testing. Is this thing on? Good, Now...

Welcome to Forward March!

I'm Reds & Royals (or Reds, for short), and I'm one of the guys who'll be posting here.

The idea behind this blog is to have a place for a handful of die hard IG players to post their thoughts, tips, and tactics for 40k and the Imperial Guard. Hopefully, we'll be posting everything from Battle Reports, Army Lists, and Tactics to Fluff, Hobby Articles, and Thoughts on the Game in General. If all goes as planned, there should have at least one new post every day from at least one of us, although I'm not making any promises.

Now, I guess I should introduce myself, and talk about what I'll be putting up here. I've played IG for about a year now, and managed to acquire a fairly good W/D/L ratio, despite my best efforts. That said, I'm no expert on the IG, but I've got a pretty good handle on them. In terms of forces, I run a regiment called the Tarrian 5th Assault Corps, which is actually made up of a collection of different regiments and battalions (I'll post more about it later). In terms of an actual army, I have over 250 Guardsmen, 8 Russes of some sort, 2 Basilisks, 2 Sentinels, 3 Chimeras, 10 Sisters of Battle, an Inquisitor, and a Vindicator converted for IG use (don't ask).

Here's what you can expect to see from me in terms of content....
1. Army Lists: I love making Army Lists, so I'll probably post a few. Also, If you want me to look at yours, send me an email and I'll take a peek
2. Fluff: I won't be posting a lot of it, but what I do post will be about my Regiment and maybe a few narrative battle reports, which leads me to...
3. Battle Reports: I'll be posting less of these over the summer, simply because I'm not around my college gaming group, but you will see some.
4. Tactics: Again, not a lot, but if I find something that works well, I'll share it.
5. General Articles: I'll be posting a lot of these. They'll be about the game, the Guard, and any other random thing I can think of.
6.Dark Heresy: I've played it a lot, and I'm DMing my own game at College, so I might share a few thoughts about it with you guys.
7. Conversions: There won't be a lot of these, but I might post a few....


Okay, I think that's it. The other guys should be along shortly to introduce themselves, then we'll get to posting content!

Reds

No comments:

Post a Comment